It is
Saturday afternoon when thoughts of you came over me again. Whenever I think
about you, I always try my best to avoid it. Why? Because I know that it will
consume me again and the next thing I know is that anxiety and emptiness will
constantly hit me up with no assurance when will it end?
It was hard for me to accept things though I always keep in mind
that everything happens for a reason. Ever since I met you, my definition of
happiness changed.. You came into my life in the most unexpected time.
The start will always be good. This is where a simple good
morning text from you already completes my day. Everything was so magical even
before you told me you like me. Definitely just enjoying each other’s company
and nothing but pure bliss. Then you said you love me.
We looked into each other’s eyes and with conviction you said I
love you for the second time. And from that moment, I told myself that I will
entrust you my heart and I will love you from that day on. We hugged each other
for the longest time, as if we didn’t want to let go. Your arms wrapped around
me made me feel safe and secured. You made me feel home.
1 year. We were so comfortable with each other, we knew each other to the very core. Our plans of travelling together, especially when you came close to where we reside.. Deciding whether to live in an individual house or a flat. And lastly, we shared of how big our dreams are for ourselves. All my life, I am trained to plan ahead. I am particular with my timeline. But you, on the other hand, hate planning. You are the type of person who is very relax, go with the flow and hates planning the future because you told me that you believe that it is better when life surprises you with this-and-that rather than being disappointed because the outcome is different from the set expectations.
As they say, nothing in this world is permanent except change.
And so things changed unexpectedly. While I am so focused on planning my future
with you, you are so busy creating your future just for yourself and with a new
someone. From our love, we feel like on top of the world to a downhill. You
chose your friends over me and it made me sad because I am willing to choose
you over anyone. I would rather spend my day with you driving around because I
know how excited you are with cars, discovering new restaurants and trying out
different meals because you love eating or simply spending the entire day in
your house being lazy and doing nothing. I wanted to be your priority because
you are my priority, but I can’t fight for that position in your life. I can’t
force you to do the same things I am willing to do for you. You ended up
spending almost every night with your friends and going home at 3 o’clock in
the morning which made me so worried of you. I am worried in a sense that you
lack sleep and I don’t want you to get sick and I don’t want you to be absent
nor late at your office. You didn’t understand that. It tore me apart, I felt
lesser and lesser, doubts are starting to get in, I am in dire need of your
assurance, I am slowly getting tired but I always remind myself that this is
just a phase, an obstacle that we will both overcome and make through. But we
didn’t.
You left me. I am broken and shattered into million pieces. I
don’t know what to do and all I know is that I can’t do it on my own and I need
you. No words can describe the pain that I have felt. I can’t eat because of the
continuous disappointment that I am feeling. I kept crying myself to sleep. I
don’t want to go out and socialize with anyone. I wish to evaporate so that I
will no longer have to endure the pain that is eating my whole system. The
person who I chose making memories with is just another memory. And every time
I remember how you left me, I can still feel the hurt.
Yes, up to this day, I am still hurting. But not like the first
few days that I didn’t want to wake up the next day. Hurting in a sense that there
are days that I miss you and you are the person I would like to share how my
day went. Hurting of the thought that the person that I am not willing to give
up, gave up on us just for his own self-centeredness. Hurting because the
person that I loved the most is just somebody that I used to know, you are
totally a different person now. Hurting to see how easy for you to let go and
forget the things that means the world to me. And hurting because of the trauma
and the fear to love and trust someone again.
They always ask me if I am mad at you for leaving me, the answer
will consistently be “nope, I am not mad at him”. Instead I am thankful.
Thankful because you made me realize that there is more to life than our love
story. You pushed me away to remind me that I deserve more and to never settle
for anything making me feel less. You made me feel like a failure for me to
appreciate and be more intimate. You rejected me so greater things will have
their way in me because I already settled for you. You made me feel empty so I
can be refreshed and be filled with love all over again.
I spent a good part of my life trying to become the right person for you. But life has its own way of teaching us and sometimes it has to be dealt with pain. After all that I’ve been through and will still go through, I put my trust in God knowing that His plans are always better than mine. God gave me a year and a half of spending it with you and I will always be thankful for it. Even though He took you away from me, I know that He is preparing me for something better and there are greater things in stored for me.
You will always be a chapter that I will never get tired of
reading again, not because I can’t get over you but because I have learned so
many lessons from you and you will always be a reminder that I have to go
through certain chapters to understand and fully appreciate the happy ending of
my story.
And if ever we are lucky enough to get a plot twist and life decides
to make our paths cross again, I hope you see me not just as one of your
ex-lover but the girl who loved you the most.



Love beyond words 💕
ReplyDeleteAisa hi hota hai.... Har baar sirf character badal jaate hain... Expectations hurt...
ReplyDeleteYa Allah..!!
ReplyDelete:)
ReplyDeleteYou know what's this smile is for...
Keep going, you are just wonderful !!!
Its a good blending of story where love and belongingness rise and fall and finally broken .....lonely feeling of lady character of story is well deacibe...
ReplyDeleteVery Well written pia.. Soo touching.. Always love ur blog. Keep going. Great story by great one#
ReplyDeleteGreat write up.. Most can connect to the story as most have faced it.. Including me.. Pain can be felt in ur wrting.. Keep it up dear..
ReplyDelete